Local SEO is geared towards providing relevant search results based on a user’s location. If you have an actual store or office, and you want to target potential clients within the area, you should include local SEO in your internet marketing strategy.
Differentiating between Traditional SEO and Local SEO
Traditional and local SEO are similar in the way that they are both internet marketing techniques. However, they differ in the results they try to generate. Traditional SEO focuses on providing relevant content, whereas local SEO provides search results that are geographically relevant to the searcher.
As the name suggests, local SEO is involved with search results about trusted locations, whereas traditional SEO is about trusted content.
The Influence of Local SEO
Local SEO is a good way to tap your market at a pivotal point in their search and buying decision. According to Google, here’s why:
- Users who make local searches are ready to act and more likely to make purchases than users who made non-local searches.
- 4 out of 5 consumers use search engines to find local information such as store addresses, business hours, directions, and product availability.
- 50% of smartphone users and 34% of computer users who made a local search end up going to the store within the day.
- 60% reported that it’s important to include store addresses and phone numbers in ads on computers and tablets, and directions or call buttons.
- Consumers may be influenced to make an in-store purchase when they know the store is nearby (30%), can get the product immediately (35%), and can get better prices or rates (31%).
How OptimizeX can Help You
OptimizeX makes it easier for you to manage a local SEO campaign and integrate it with the rest of your internet marketing strategy. If you work with us, we will help you with:
- Website optimization – We will implement on-page and off-page optimization for your website so that clients will find the necessary information about your business—who you are, what you do, and where they can find you.
- Business listings and directories – We will get your company listed on reputable and trusted listing websites such as Google My Business, Yelp, Angie’s List, Yellow Pages, FourSquare, and Facebook for Business.
- Reviews and Citations – Citation or the mention of your brand or business name is a major component of local SEO. Through optimizing your website and listings along with your products or services, we will encourage clients to write reviews for you.
Online users search for products and services on a daily basis. By making your business information more accessible, you are increasing your chances of turning potential clients into sales.
OptimizeX will bring your business to the client’s fingertips. We have a local SEO specialist on board our team who can help create a strategy suited for your business and goals. If you want to know more, please get in touch with us or fill up a short form found on this website for a quick no-obligation quote for a local SEO campaign.