It is your duty to choose the perfect domain name, something that’s easy to understand and remember and also, something that’s related to what you do or what your business sells or stands for. Here are a few tips to keep in mind while poring over potential domain names.
You have ideas for your site’s content and how it would look and now it’s time to look for a name. A name that will register in people’s heads, something they will remember for a long time. Before embarking on your site’s design or its subject matter, you should do spend some time first deciding on a name, do some minor research to avoid changing it after you have successfully created a brand and a following.
Things To Remember While Choosing Domain Names
1. When in doubt, keep everything short. Online, shorter names are much easier to remember. It won’t also cause any fuss while typing. Ideal length of a domain name should fall under 20 characters.
2. Be careful about spellings. Pick words that will suit your website and your services and at the same time, not hard to spell. The wrong spelling might result in users giving up the search for your site or they might end up in somebody else’s website other than yours. In addition, do not go for complex words that users won’t be able to understand.
3. Make sure that your site’s name stays appropriate and suitable to the area of your business. If say, your online business focuses on health foods, be sure to include that particular keyword in your site’s name.
4. Try to steer clear of using hyphens and also try to keep numbers away on your site name. Using both factors can muddle up users. They can be hard to remember and your address might look a lot like spam. In addition, they can make your link trickier to type.
5. Choose a site name that’s undeniably unique. You might think that all of the good site names were already taken, but with a little imagination on your part, you can come up with something that will truly complement what you stand for and at the same time, register on people’s heads because of its wit.
6. Branding should be considered as well. A lot of start-up businesses have taken up branding to fully boost traffic on their site and secure an image for their users and potential customers.
7. Make sure that you integrate important keywords in your domain name. This is one great way to cast two birds with one stone. Users will be able to know first-hand what your site stands for and search engines will also uncover your site quicker by implementing this neat and simple SEO technique.
8. Use your own name with caution. Unless you are building a portfolio site, or it’s a site about you and your particular interests, then implementing your own name in your URL will work.
9. Watch out for factors like copyright infringement. Do not integrate somebody else’s copyrighted work on your domain name because it might land you in hot water. He or she might file a lawsuit against you and it might even end up in being stripped of your site.
10. Choose a proper domain extension and the right extension will depend on the field you are aiming for. .com is the most used so you should go for this one. The .net and .org ones are also nice choices albeit not as popular as .com. However bear in mind that if the site you have on hand is created for a particular country, your best bet would have to pick the national domain extension.
Remember wrong decisions in choosing a proper domain name might end up in disaster. If you have a hard time looking for a domain name that will click with your target customers, the help of an Arizona SEO team can do you wonders. Nowadays there are plenty of accomplished, creative and smart SEO experts who can suggest neat tricks to fully realize the potential of your site from here to the Northwest. Try the help of a Scottsdale SEO company and it will give you excellent results in a matter of months.
img c/o pixabay